I love Linux – usually for being quite slim. But on the other hand, using a really minimalist install on debian 9, I need to add a few packages to get around.
- openssh-server – provides me ssh access
- net-tools – contains netstat
- ca-certificates – without that package I have to download without certificate checks
- apt-transport-https – allowing repositories like mariadb
- open-vm-tools – I’m usually running things on a VMware
Anything else is usually pulled in by dependencies of the actual packages needed.