The new version of WP-BlackCheck, my Anti-Spam Plugin for WordPress is out. Big thanks go to Chris who helped me testing to kill the major bugs.
The Changelog of the current version:
- Add Icon to reporting (adapt to WP dashboard design)
- Adjust speedcheck to more realistic values
- Add another Spam trap (dummy field)
- Relocate ‘Report Spam’ as it belongs to ‘tools’
- Update translations
- Add statistics
- Fixed bug with the blocked spam counter
- Fixed bug with header checks
The most interesting change was changing the order of our spam trap checks. That way, spammers do not have to go through all of the tests until they are dismissed, which reduces load on the blog.